Setting up Email in Outlook 2002/2003/XP
- 11/09/2008 8:46 AM
Before email will work for the first time you need to request this service to be activated on your Aquiss account. Please contact Aquiss services by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01746 708090. Outlook has always been popular a email client within professional home and business setups. Just follow our guide below and you'll be sending and collecting your email in no time at all!
1. Click on the Start Button and then select Microsoft Office Outlook (Often found inside Microsoft Office folder). Once Outlook has loaded, go to Tools menu located at the top and then select Email Accounts from the pull-down menu.
2. From the Popup window that appears, select "Add a new e-mail account" and then select POP3. If your a more experienced user and wish to use IMAP, please follow the information at the bottom of this guide for IMAP server information.
3. You'll then be asked to enter Your Name (e.g. your own name such as John Smith or a company name).
4. Now add your email address and click Next. If using Aquiss email this will be in the format email@example.com Server Information:
5.You'll now be presented with a screen asking you to confirm your incoming and outgoing email servers. Complete these as follows: Incoming mail server (POP3) is pop3.aquiss.net Outgoing mail server (SMTP) is smtp.aquiss.net Login Information:
6. Your will be asked to add your authentication information Fill the User Name with your Aquiss username. This is the one that you chose when you subscribed. If your username you selected was joebloggs, then your username you need to enter is joebloggs. Fill the 'Password' field with the password that you selected during signup. (You will not be able to see it as you type, it will appear asterisked). Note that Secure Password Authentication (SPA) should NOT be ticked. Click Next.
7. The congratulations screen will now appear. Click on Finish to complete setup. 8. You’re now ready to send and collect your email. You can do this by pressing the Send/Receive button at the top of Outlook 2003.